Agents and Editors Wish Lists
Click if you wish to buy Wicked Wonderland my erotic menage novel about bisexual half-fae who fly around the world in Santa’s sleigh delivering sex toys while being pursued by an evil force bent on their destruction. 🙂
Today I’m posting some agents and editors wish lists that I’ve hunted up, but please realize, just because your idea isn’t on an agent or editor’s wish list certainly doesn’t mean the agent or editor might not LOVE to have it. Agents say they are constantly surprised by what they fall in love with. That being said, reading editors and agents wish lists is pure fun.
They are fun because they give us an idea of the kind of topics that people in the publishing industry think might sell. They also might give any of us ideas for a future book!
- Kate Schafer Testerman with KT Literary is looking for
- brilliant, funny, original middle grade and young adult fiction.
- Both literary and commercial; witty women’s fiction. Quirky is good.
Alicia Condon ekensington‘s Editorial Director is looking for 60,000-word contemporary romance with Alpha heroes or small town settings and high concept single title contemporary romance. She will also look at paranormal and fantasy romance, romantic suspense, historical romance, young adult paranormal romance of 80,000 – 100,000 words).(Click on her name for guidelines and contact email.) Do not send full manuscript.
Lucia Macro is crying out for contemporary romances of approximately 50-60,000 words. for Avon Impulse both funny novels and intense and dramatic ones. She’d love military men, cowboys, billionaires and other tropes.
- A caper with quirky characters and a strong romance
- A cozy romantic mystery that starts with a bang
- A small town romantic thriller
- A category length romantic suspense with a strong winter holiday theme for next winter.
- Traditional tropes (best friends to lovers, reunion romance, marriage of convenience, intimate strangers), while exploring the depths of the human condition as the suspense and romance build.
- Plotlines outside the usual realm of category romance, such as amateur sleuth, hard-boiled detective, cozy mystery, medical/science, contemporary gothics, super-sensual thrillers—as long as the story has a strong, committed DEAD SEXY romance
Submissions for the Dead Sexy editors can be sent directly to deadsexy-submissions (at) entangledpublishing (dot) com ATTN: Rochelle. Check out the Dead Sexy submission guidelines for specific instructions!